Happy Mother's Day - 33 Weeks Pregnant

We had a wonderful Mother's Day yesterday.  My parents watched Walt for us on Saturday night so we could celebrate Chris's birthday like adults. Which meant that on Sunday morning we got to sleep in!  I think my poor body clock has forgotten how to sleep in at all, but it was so nice to wake up and just lie in bed until I felt like rolling out.

After running some errands (kid-free), we had my parents over for breakfast, took naps (everyone!) then went to Chris's aunt/uncle's house in Plano to see them and his parents. It was a wonderful day.

Being that it was Mother's Day I was reflective on the fact that I am about to be a mommy for the second time. What a wonderful and honored feeling that is!  Although, it's been no secret that this pregnancy has not been as blissful as the first. Not because the pregnancy itself is bad. I'm so very blessed to even be pregnant, let alone have had no issues (no broken bones this time!). But the glow of being pregnant is all but lost the second time around. So, I'm trying to remind myself that this really is a special time and try to enjoy it.  Here are some notes about the pregnancy since last pic (which was 25 weeks. I know I'm a total slacker).


Walt so kindly came on his own about six days early (weighing nearly 8.5lbs). I'd be happy with this same arrangement. I'd even be happy with 10 days early :)  While I prefer Oscar to just come on his own, I'm not really interested in trying to deliver a 9lb baby, so we'll see where we are at week 36.

33 weeks. Baring my belly in all it's glory. Hiding nothing. :)