Vivian Elise is 1 Month



  Slow blog month, but it's because this month has felt like the shortest month with the longest days.  That's not a complaint! We have so much to be happy about! Let me just tell you what a super star baby Vivian is! I'm not quite sure if it's because she's the third and she has no choice but to just roll with it, or if she is really that stellar of a baby.  Probably both :)

The first two weeks are a blur, as expected.  We fed every three hours, day and night, whether she wanted to or not. I'm starring at my little 7.5 lb baby and all I can think is, "we need to fatten you up!". Weighing 1-2 lbs smaller than her BIG brothers, I knew no better. Turns out, she's perfect Vivian size. By two weeks she was up to 7 lbs 15 oz.  5 oz over her birth weight. Doc was happy, but again, the boys blasted through their birth weights in like a day and a half.  Viv is still wearing newborn sized clothes (again, WTH!?) and while she can fit in a newborn diaper, I bumped her up to a size 1 to avoid an unexpected blowout.
STOP TAKING MY PICTURE
Dr. G said I could stop waking her at night. I've been putting her down around 7pm but waking her at 10p for a dream feed. From there she would wake up anytime from 1:30-4:30a.  So, pretty sporadic, but she's always a champ about going right back to sleep. That is, until last Sunday when she stayed up from 2:30-4:30 a.m. and not happy. Immediately my new-mommy, sleep-deprived brain assumes this is the new normal.  Boy was I wrong.  Since that night, Viv has slept from 10p until 6:30-7:30 a.m.  That's four nights in a row! I hate even saying it because that can't be right, can it?? (Please be right. Please be right. Please be right.) We're enjoying these LONG stretches while we can!

LIKES

DISLIKES
A moment that she's enjoying her paci

INDIFFERENT
She's not smiling just yet (FYI - Oscar was smiling by 4 weeks and Walt took closer to 5-6 weeks), but she's close.  She's given us a few half smiles and definitely happy faces. We're ready for the full-face smile! Also, she has a this precious dimple on her left cheek that I'm ready to show off!

Here are some pics from our past month:

Here's a "happy, not smiling" face

My thoughts precisely on the Aggies! #unsure

Practicing some tummy time

Happy in mommy's lap

Our first big girl bath!

Her #1 protector
And, here is a pic of Walt (left) and Oscar (right) at one month. Who do YOU think she looks like?