20 weeks

For as slow as the beginning of pregnancy is, the rest of it seems to be a high-speed train. I can't believe we are already halfway to meeting our baby girl!





Baby is the size of a banana

How far along: 20 weeks

Total weight gain: 12-ish pounds? +/- 3lbs :)

Maternity clothes: Oh hell yes. Nothing else. Lots of maternity leggings during the week.

Sleep: I finally do not have to pee in the middle of the night anymore. This went on WAY longer than it did with the boys. I'm enjoying these uninterrupted nights for as long as I can. I'm still pretty comfortable sleeping, but I see a pillow between my legs in the near future. 

Best moment this month: Walt losing his tooth!

Miss Anything: Wine. <-- Same as last month. And running. I've been making a concerted effort to be active. I'm using my FitBit as encouragement! On my long walks, I've tried to jog here and there, but funny enough 10+ lbs really makes a difference. I get winded really easily. I'm also working in some yoga a couple times a week. 

Movement: Still meh.  I feel her more than I did a month ago, but she's still pretty chilled out. Wondering if this is indicative of her personality (wishful thinking). I asked the doctor about this and she said every baby is different. It's nothing to be concerned about and baby girl definitely was wiggly during her sonogram this week.

Food cravings: I'm still eating everything I see. I can't help it! I will say that my sweets cravings aren't nearly as strong as they were with the boys. 

Anything making you queasy or sick: Not really. Not getting enough sleep really takes it out of me. I've switched from coffee to tea, so even a pick-me-up doesn't give me the boost I crave.

Gender prediction: Still a girl! Confirmed via sonogram. I think we have a first name. Working on the middle name before we reveal. 

Labor signs: nope (thank goodness)

Symptoms: Feeling really good! I am pretty beat by 8:00 p.m. every night, but most nights this fits perfectly into our schedule. I have some time to relax on the couch before we crawl in bed. (Another luxury I'm enjoying before we're a party of 5). 

Happy or Moody most of the time: I'd say happy! Ask Chris... :)

Looking forward to: Finalizing her name!  We never agonized over middle names the way I am with her.  I'm also looking forward to moving Oscar to his big boy bed, which is imminent!


Here's Baby Girl Bruns' profile. Just like the 12 weer sono, she had her left arm up by her forehead. (You can't see it here).

As creepy as this pic is, we watched her stretch then yawn (she looks like a dinosaur), but it was so cute!