16 Weeks

I haven't historically been great at documenting my pregnancies. I did pretty good with Walt because it was new and exciting, but I had nothing else to blog about. Poor Oscar received only a few entries prior to birth.  The 2nd pregnancies was not nearly as glamorous as the first.  My goal this time is to do a monthly update. We'll see :)  I stole these questions from a friend (and fellow blogger) - thanks Sara W!


Week 16: Baby is the size of an avocado

How far along: 16 weeks

Total weight gain: Do I really want to divulge this?? I acknowledge that I'm a slender person, but I do not make petite babies. I didn't gain much in the first trimester because I literally couldn't eat. Now I can. Let's call it 5lbs.

Maternity clothes: In fact - yes! I can still wiggle into a few pre-pregnancy pants, but given this is my third go 'round, I know the beauty of elastic. So, mostly maternity pants and starting to dabble in maternity tops.

Sleep: No complaints although I still have to pee in the middle of the night, which is annoying. It's tapered from every night to every other night or so.

Best moment this week: Maybe our new Friday-night tradition of Movie Night! We all cuddle on the couch with popcorn and a kid's flick and it's really fun!

Miss Anything: Wine. 

Movement: Meh - you'd think I'd have this figured out by now. I have felt what I think is baby girl scuttling about, but it's really fleeting. It wasn't until closer to 18 weeks with both my boys.


Food cravings: Anything and everything? I'm so glad to be past the nausea stage (which was easily the worst yet with this one. However, I blame my age and not the baby's gender since it's all but gone now). I do crave healthy things like salad, apples, broccoli, but I also can't resist the urge to make a box of brownies each week.


Anything making you queasy or sick: I often still wake up with a bit of a hung over feeling, but it quickly passes as I get moving and get food in my tummy.


Gender prediction: 99% chance it's a girl. I'd say that's pretty accurate! We have talked names have it down to two!


Labor signs: nope (thank goodness)


Symptoms: I feel like I'm more emotional this time around, but that might be a better assessment for Daddy to give. I have started some light exercise again, and the biggest thing is I get winded so easily. I can run, but have to do a lot of interval walking. Other than that, I don't feel exceptionally exhausted, nausea is gone, and the belly is growing.


Happy or Moody most of the time: Despite my comment above - I'm generally happy.


Looking forward to: Making some nursery progress! I have some fabric,  paint and wallpaper sample (yup, I said wallpaper).  We plan on painting all of Oscar (previously Walt's) baby furniture white, so I need to work on getting O into a big boy bed. Target: May.