Young Chef's Cooking Academy

We've been in between sports since November. I'm not going to lie, the break from 2 practices a week and insane weekends of games has been very welcome.  We've even decided to break up our sports a little and not do two at a time (for now). So, until t-ball starts in the spring, we're left with filling our weekends with some fun activities.

When the Allen's suggested we take the boys to a cooking class, I immediately tensed up. I can't help but get anxious over the allergy factor. I've gotten a lot better, but it's still something that haunts me when we try something new.  To my relief, The Young Chef's Academy in Frisco doesn't even keep nuts on their property! I guess I'm not the only one! It's a different story for Oscar who has to avoid eggs (along with peanuts), but I think his allergy to eggs is less severe. But, we decided he was too young anyways. So, off we went to cooking school!

This little academy could not have been cuter.  The kids were all given a turn to help with preparing the meal. 

On the menu was apple berry salsa with cinnamon chips. Here, Walt and a friend are cutting strawberries (something Walt will eat!)

Walt was chosen to be a helper in juicing an orange. He loved it!
Peanut allergy aside, I didn't know how interested Walt would be because he's not exactly a foodie. Turns out, he loves the process of preparing food - just less concern for actually eating it. But, to my surprise, he did try it!  He ate a few of the strawberries in the "salsa" and ate the chips.  I was proud and would totally take him back!