Mother-Son Dance 2015


This is a tradition that I know is short lived, but I sure do love it while it lasts! The city of Frisco hosts an annual Mother-Son Dance (they also do a Daddy-Daughter Dance) in the fall. Last year, the theme was 80s and this year it was "Saturday Night Fever." I'm all about themes, but I was having a hard time finding a leisure suit or my disco jumper.  So, my neighbor, Jenny, and I decided we would just dress nicely this year.  It was fun to make it like a little date.  As with last year, there were moms and sons dressed to the theme and dressed like they were going out -- a good mix.

Like any proper pre-dance ritual, we took pics at the house, then headed to Gloria's for dinner (at 4:30p!)  Then we danced the night away (until 7p) to our favorite songs like Uptown Funk.

Here are some pics from the night.

My handsom-est date!

These two buddies are the cutest!

The nice foursome pic...

...and the silly foursome pic

Our dance floor selfie.  Walt was not happy because the music was loud and he wanted to leave (this was before they played Uptown Funk)

Nothing caps a night better than some gelato!