Los Cabos!

We are so very fortunate to be able to take a few days away from the kiddos to recharge. Sometimes you just have to step away from it all and remember what really matters. We missed the boys like crazy, but this trip was super fun!

Somehow all the stars aligned and we were able to coordinate a trip with friends. I think the last real getaway vacation we took with friends was Stori's wedding back in 2008. Exactly 7 years ago. Woah.  Chris and I LOVE Mexico and will probably continue to vacation there for years to come, but we had never been on the Pacific side. The Zicchinos' love Cabo and really wanted to show us their favorite spot. I know why they love it now! It's truly beautiful (although, how can blue water and sand and adult beverages not make anything beautiful?)

We stayed at Pueblo Bonito Pacifico, which was adults only and had a very zen vibe. Great for nighttime, not what we were looking for during the day. So, we shuttled it everyday to a sister resort up the mountain, PB Sunset Beach. It was a great balance!

Let's tell the story in pictures:

So, I got myself a selfie stick. I broke it immediately after this pic. But this was so worth it!

Trying to capture the sunset the first night.

That's the best I could do. Photo is not doing it justice.
Day 2: we headed to town and enjoyed brunch at The Office (<3) and had some fun. Stori and I tried our hand at paddleboarding and didn't die.


And to the Sky Pool we go! mmm Dirty Monkey!
We are so happy!


Even the guys are happy! Richard is barely keeping his head above water (jokes)


The Sky Pool view. LOVELY!

 
Look at all of us floating in the pool.
All cleaned up and ready for dinner...
The ladies! That desert wind really kicked up!
Despite being broken, I managed to leverage the selfie stick at the beach party that was kind of a bust and kind of fun at the same time.

I don't want the trip to be remembered by our experience with Spirit Airlines, but man did it SUCK.  We had a 7-hour airport delay on the way home, which was a huge bummer #neveragain

These people make me so very, very happy! What a great group of friends to vacation with! Thanks, Stori, for organizing!


I'm already thinking about another group trip! This was too much fun!