Walt is FOUR

Year after year, it's becoming more and more apparent what a whirlwind the holiday season is. And, it doesn't end with New Year's for us. We open a new year and skate right into Walt's birthday.  I always feel bad (emotion used very lightly) because Walt get a crapload of Christmas gifts, followed by an even larger crapload of birthday gifts, and then it's crickets for the rest of the year. I've thought about combining the two gift-giving occasions, but my mom is a Christmas baby and my sister is a New Year's baby and I know that it's very important to acknowledge their birthdays as individual celebrations.

So, let's celebrate Walt! On his actual birthday, we were able to join in his "Celebration of Life" at school. I really love what they do. The birthday kiddo walks around the sun times (get it?) and after each circle, they talk about what they did at each age. You're supposed to make a poster with pictures, but please see above paragraph to understand why I didn't :)

Walt with his super amazing teacher, Ms. Farah

Making a lap around the sun
 Then we had a BIG birthday celebration at JumpStreet trampoline park in Allen. I got a little out of control with invites, but I have to admit that Walt has lots of buddies! There were so many kiddos running around that I was only able to snap pics of them stationary. Read: eating.

Getting ready for some pizza! (Everyone, except Walt, that is)

He was saving room for cake :)
 
Now that we know Oscar has an egg allergy, I didn't want him to miss the fun, so I made him eggless cupcakes. They look normal, right??

And since Walt is a big fan of s'mores, we gave everyone a little s'more's kit to do at home.

Each day, Walt's personality gets more and more developed. What a special little egg this one is. He is super energetic (yay, boys!!) but loves using that energy outside and playing sports. He has played organized soccer and we're about to give t-ball a go.  The things he gravitates to in the backyard is either the baseball bat or the golf club.  I really, really love this about him! 

While Walt is rambunctious, he's also very methodical and very sweet natured. He truly loves all his friends and really loves laughing and being silly with them. Walt is an AMAZING big brother.  This is when his patience shines (not a trait he gets from his mother). He is always helping Oscar, talking to him, interpreting for him, feeding him, and being a super studly sibling.

Walt is doing some pretty awesome stuff in school. It amazes me what sponges they are. He talks about the water cycle and things evaporating (not a word even I use very often...or ever). He also has several of his books memorized and reads them to Chris and I at night. This is a special moment for me.

I love our oldest boy and love the little man he's becoming. Happy 4th Birthday, Walt!