VEGAS!

We are so very lucky that we have so many people willing to watch our kids. Even still, it has taken us 18 months to coordinate a getaway with just Chris and I. Granted, Oscar was born during that time, so we get a pass on that.

Even though we have lots of loving help with the boys, it takes weeks to prepare to be gone for three days. Given the short time frame (I'm not ready to leave the boys for a week!), we had to be very particular about our vacation spot. If there were no limits, I'd be on a beach in Mexico in no time. No question. But, time and money win this battle and it's damn cheap (and quick) to go to Vegas. Besides, I can close my eyes at the pool and pretend I'm at the beach. Close enough.

Off we go! I love this handsome man :)
We stayed at The Mandalay Bay. I've stayed several times for work and always longingly looked at the pool area. Plus, they've redone THEhotel to be "The Delano" (a la Miami). Not bad.  My feedback on the hotel? Not bad.  We should have splurged on a nicer room or The Delano. Our room was fine...just meh. It was dirt cheap, though!

Looks like a beach, right?
Beer, sun, water, waitress... sounds like the beach to me!
We basically had Facebook guide us to nearly all our eating spots.  That was a fun game.  Here's where we hit up:


Look how lovely those fountains are!
We also entertained ourselves with two Cirque de Soleil shows. The first, a relatively new one: Michael Jackson's One. It did NOT disappoint. I be-bopped in my seat the whole time and definitely cried during it too. A great homage to a great performer :)   We also saw Mystere. As one of the original Cirque shows, this had lots of classic elements: very quirky imagery, focus on the stunts and performance, and some comic relief. I really enjoyed it.

Dad gave me $100 to play on video poker. This is what I walked away with...wah wah.
Other than eating and seeing shows, we gambled some and mostly enjoyed just walking around and spending time with each other. It was a fabulous vacation, and I can't wait for the next.




So fun!