Oscar is 12 Months

While I wrote an epic blog about Oscar's first birthday, I still need to document all the cool stuff Oscar is doing now that he's a full 12 months old. And, let's be honest, his first birthday party was more about me ;)
Hello, world! I'm a year old!

First and foremost, we got a clean bill of health from Dr. G.  Here are his stats:


(if you're interested, Walt's stats here)

Walt and Oscar are pretty much neck and neck in development. Right now, Oscar's got about a pound on where Walt was. Everything else is almost exactly the same.

Talking: Oscar is starting to formulate some semblance of words. But, he's very good at miming and signing what he wants. His best signs are (not all official sign language):
Words he sort of says are "da-da", "sssssss" (shoes), "mama" (rarely, but I'm counting it because I've heard it), "Bubba" (also rare, but it has happened). I feel like Walt was more articulate, but I really don't remember. Oscar is VERY vocal. He squeals and yells a lot more than I remember Walt doing.

Mobility: If there was any question that this kid can walk, there is none now. He's a master walker (he only crawls about 10% of the time) and even tries to kick the soccer ball. He's also very tough. The kid falls all.the.time, but could care less about it. He just stands back up and keeps on going.

Eating: Nothing new here, but we're trying to phase out bottles. He's all but dropped his daytime bottles. We don't offer them anymore, but he also doesn't really like milk in his sippy cup (he'll drink water all day long). We haven't really tried to get rid of his morning and nighttime bottle yet, but we've decrease the amount of milk. He's also drinking whole cow's milk now and no more formula. I look forward to the day I don't have to clean bottles anymore :)

Teeth: Just like big brother, this kid has a mouthful of teeth. Before he turned one, all of his molars came in, so he's officially got 12 chompers. Looks like all we have left are four canines and his secondary molars (which hopefully don't come in til closer to two). We could use a break from teeth!
Teething Chart

I really can't believe Oscar is already 12 months. He's going to start doing big-kid stuff soon and that's really weird to wrap my head around. Oscar and Walt continue to get along beautifully, which is a trait I know won't last forever, so I'm enjoying it while it lasts. 

This is Oscar's signature nose scrunch. He does it all the time :)
Get this off me.