Girls Weekend - Broken Bow, OK

Chris and I try to maintain a healthy balance of family time and some independent time. I'm not going to lie, it's a lot to balance sometimes. After working all day long, I usually just want to spend time with my boys and soak in every single second. But the nights I spend out with my girlfriends are undoubtedly food for my soul. I always feel refreshed and reassured (and sometimes a little hungover).

A few months ago, Stori suggested to Jess and I that we have a girls getaway. My first thought was, "No way."  I'm already away from the kids more than I really like, but at the same time, my weekends are so busy between keeping kids occupied and sticking to a nap schedule of some sort.  I was reminded that a happy mommy makes a happy family. 

So after a bit of planning, we ended up renting a cabin in Broken Bow, OK. It should be a 3 hour drive but we headed out after work on Friday night and the last half of the drive is very rural and difficult to see. On the way back, we hit what I hope is the last bit of snow and ice we see for a very long time.

The weekend was designed mostly around food, wine and chick flicks. But we did a little exploring and a lot of talking too.  Let's relive the adventure in pictures:

What better way to start a Saturday morning than granola, mimosas and The Notebook...and your besties


A hike is not complete without a little Sav Blanc

The gorgeous wrap-around porch. Lots of chatting at this table.


We saw some sun on Saturday afternoon.

My nature-friendly friends built a fire. I supervised.

These girls. Love them so!
I hope we've started a tradition. It was such an awesome getaway and I was so excited to see the boys when I got back. Can't wait for the next one!