Oscar - One Month

 
I feel like Oscar and I deserve a medal. We have survived the first month, which is undoubtedly the toughest in terms of lack of sleep, schedule, idiosyncrasies, constantly feeding, etc.  For as absolutely adorable as babies are, they don't do a whole lot. So, the steady beat of feeding and not sleeping tends to blur everything into one loooooong day with some naps in between.

Chubs :)
But in this long month, Oscar and I have come to know each other very well!  Here are his stats and a few things he does.

Weight: 12 lbs 1 oz - 93%
Height: 23 inches - 97%
Head: 15.8" - off the charts

At this age, Walt was 11 lbs 4oz and 22.8" long. So, Oscar has nearly a pound on him. This blows my mind because I think Walt is a giant kid. Watch out, buddy. Little brother is coming to get you!

Walt on the left, Oscar on the right
I can't help but compare Oscar to Walt. It's all I know.  From behavior to looks, I'm constantly recalling what Walt did and looked like at this age.
Lots of smiles from my boy!
 I'm happy to have the first 30 days under my belt and I anxiously have my eye on the six-week mark, as I recall this being a turning point. Of course, a stretch of sleep lasting longer than two hours would be really awesome as well. For now, I'll just soak up this adorable little personality developing.