When Daddy's Away, Mommy and Walt Will Play

Chris took his annual trip to Ireland this week. It's this killer trip where he gets to go to Dublin for St. Patty's Day and broadcast live from the Jameson Whiskey Distillery. Not a bad gig at all! Because of my current state of being, it wasn't a good year for me to try and tag along (5th time will be the charm).  But, it was the first year that I really felt like Walt kept me company. We had a very busy five days, but it was some seriously fun mommy-son bonding time. There's no other way to tell it than with pics:

Hanging with my guy, waiting for my parents to arrive
Friday night was dinner out and Aunt Jess even came to meet us! (The weather really couldn't have been more awesome). Patio weather, yes please!

Saturday morning, we snuggled up in bed together... with all the stuffed animals.


Walt was clearly excited for some shorts weather too!

We went and watched cousins Jaelyn and Jameson play soccer. Walt was very enthralled!

More snuggle time, but this time in mommy's bed.

Happy St. Patty's day!

We even got to go to the park with Austin (complete with a sticker from the grocery store)

Because he was SUCH a stud while dad was away, Walt was treated to some froyo with his buddy, Reese.

By the last night without daddy, I was completely wheels off. Dinner on the couch? Why not.


It is definitely exhausting to watch after this guy with out a second set of hands, but we had the BEST time.  Walt was truly my little buddy and made every second worth it. It was nice to get the one-on-one bonding time before Oscar arrives!