The Perot Museum

I've been thinking lately that things may seem hectic with a toddler (and don't get me wrong, it's a mile a minute in the Bruns' house!), but things are about to get ridiculously hectic in the middle of the summer.  Having complained every single weekend I was in school that I felt like I was missing out on so many fun things (which I really didn't, I just had to become a master of my time!), I have decided that we need some fun things to plan.

Admittedly, this is challenging. Not because we don't want to, but Chris works Sat and Sun mornings, so oftentimes I like to spend at least one of those afternoons taking care of "me" stuff (errands, an occasional mani/pedi, etc).  Well, if I could master my time while working, going to school, being a mom and wife, surely I could do it now. I just needed to move around some priorities.

Today we explored the much-talked-about Perot Museum downtown. I have to say, it lived up to the hype. Walt was so overstimulated, he didn't know which way to look or run. True story: it's a complete madhouse on the weekends, but not unmanageable. And Walt did a great job holding our hand and being a trooper.  Here's our visit in pictures:

Checking out the produce truck in the children's museum



The purpose of the phone was to learn about growing vegetables. Walt thought he was talking to someone important.

Enjoying playing on replica of Downtown Dallas
 


Dad and Walt waiting for the elevator
 
Exploring the ocean floor!

Walt and Daddy practicing their best weatherman skills.  This was after Walt got to touch a tornado!

Highlight: Dinosaurs!!!

Walt was seriously fascinated with the dinos!
 Like I said, it was a great experience. And Walt did awesome on the car ride there and back. This is something we'd definitely do again. Maybe during the week next time :)