Viva Las Vegas!

Chris and I kicked off week 2 of my Grown Up Spring Break with a trip to Las Vegas, which was the world's most needed vacation.  Chris and I potentially hold a record for most vacations cancelled.  We were supposed to go to San Fran when I was pregnant with Walt, and I up and broke my foot. Then we even tried a simple staycation this summer, and it got rescheduled twice before we threw the towel in. 

We stayed at the Aria in CityCenter and really enjoyed it. I would highly recommend the hotel, however a neighboring hotel, The Cosmopolitan, was uber cool and worth a look for next time. We ate like kings, saw Cirque de Solei's Ka, gambled a bit (Chris may have won a smidge), and enjoyed some spa treatments.  The low light of the trip? Possibly the Terry Fator show. Good news was we got the tickets at a discount and we both thought it was equally terrible... to the point of comedy, so it actually ended up being enjoyable.

First night, drinks at the Cosmopolitan (we had a very early flight, and I think it was catching up to me...I look sleepy!)

View from our room. This manufactured landscape is actually quite stunning.

Ready to start the day. Lots of walking to be had around the Strip!

Dinner at Tao with some fancy lighting

I was able to enjoy several mocktails. All the bartenders took great care of me!