Family of 3 = Family of 4

I've been mulling over this post since October! I'm so excited to announce that Team Bruns is making its way towards a basketball team.  In June 2013, we will add another little bundle to our mix and we couldn't be happier!

12 week sono... baby's head on the right... just lounging around
While we were trying to have a baby, I have to say it was a pretty half-hearted attempted as I was in the throws of my last semester in school and still trying to get my arms around a new job that I started in June.  Needless to say, I was super surprised to see the little blue line appear almost immediately on the pregnancy stick.

In terms of how I feel physically (emotionally, I'm ecstatic!).... meh.   I almost IMMEDIATELY had symptoms (fatigue, nausea, general ickiness) and with Walt I had symptoms for like one week.  We were kinda thinking this wouldn't happen until the first of the year, so it did sneak up on us during a VERY busy time. I'm sure that didn't help the funk.  I also noticed the pooch much sooner... but it's  much higher. Odd. I'll let you think about all the gender myths and apply them to my symptoms :)  I am happy to report that I have turned a big corner after 13 weeks. No more nausea and fatigue/headaches are almost gone. PHEW.  We'll never know if it's b/c I'm out of my 1st trimester or b/c the weight of school is off my back.

As for Walt -- he has no clue what's going to happen :) While we tell him there's a baby in my tummy (and he happily answers the same when asked "where the baby is"), and we even bought him a book on being a big brother... I really don't think the reality will hit until he sees an actual infant in the room next to him.  Despite not grasping the concept, I do think Mr. Munks will be a fantastic big brother. He's already started helping so much around the the house and he is the first to comfort someone when they are crying (even if it's just Mom and Dad fake crying).

There you have it! The official due date is June 30, 2013 (so, I'm 14 weeks as I write this). Yes, we are finding out the sex (should be early Feb).  Now you know why I'm determined to blog more consistently in 2013.
This is NOT what I had in mind for our first belly shot, but it's too hilarious not to share. Walt looks like he just robbed a candy store.

No lie, I think I was this same size at 17 weeks with Walt. I'll have to dig up the pics for a side-by-side