I Got a New Job!

This has been in the works for sometime now, but I'm excited to say that I have a new job! I always had the intent to change up my career a bit, but figured I'd wait until the ol' MBA was done. Well, a series of events in December 2011 sped up the process.  A couple companies started recruiting ME (Thank you, LinkedIn), but they weren't the right fit. Once I had dusted off my resume and interviewing skills for those opportunities, I figured I'd dip my toe in further.

After about a six-month pursuit, I landed at a company called Pacific Interpreters. My goal in looking for a new job was threefold.
  1. Switch industries - after eight years in the software industry (software for insurance/financial services, to be exact), I was ready for a change. I want to be a marketing expert, not an industry expert.
  2. Manage people - I'm bossy. What can I say? Truthfully, leadership/management/org behavior has been a prime concentration during my MBA, so I really wanted to help coach people
  3. More money - let's be real.  Isn't this the main motivator during any career switch? I just felt like it was time for a decent bump, and that wasn't happening where I was.
Now I am the Marketing Director for Pacific Interpreters. It's a super fantastic company that provides language interpretations (over the phone, mostly) and typically in a healthcare situation (think if you broke your arm or god forbid you were in labor and you didn't speak English... we help!). It feels great to be back at a small company and even better to be with a company that is truly providing a do-good service.