While you were out...

Just days after we officially moved into the new house, Chris jet-setted off to Ireland for his annual St. Patrick's Day trip with work.  For those who don't know, he is among a handful of radio personalities that represents Jameson Whiskey with a live broadcast from their distillery on St. Patty's Day... in Ireland! Not a bad deal!

This was Chris's 3rd trip out there.  While on paper it may seem like last year's trip would have been the most tricky for us (Walt was a mere 10 weeks old), it was this year that truly kicked me in the hiney.  As a matter of fact, last year's week at home with Walt was really pretty simple. I was on maternity leave and Walt and I just did what we normally did. Since I was nursing, Chris mostly took care of ME and I took care of Walt. 

Things were very different this time around. Walt is as mobile as you could possibly be without walking. He rarely sits still and constantly wants entertainment.  He has also developed a really (REALLY) strong independent streak. He wants to do everything himself and he is NOT afraid to tell you when he's unhappy with an option you've presented to him.  So, we were on the go from 7a-7p every day.  It was a taste of single motherhood...with a toddler. I'm utterly grateful there is a second set of hands in this house most of the time!

While Chris was overseas, Walt and I took lots of pictures to send to Dad.  Here's a snippet of some of our adventures
Aunt Jess came to visit us and keep us company. Walt was so excited to play with her that he went ballistic when we put him down :(

Walt's bestie, Reese, invited us to Mi Cocina on Friday night...yummy tortilla!

These two goobers are such loves in my life. Could they be more adorable?

Walt and I taking some self portraits for dad. Walt thought this was hilarious.

Practicing taking out the trash

Loving the new backyard! (He looks like such a little boy here. It makes my heart swell)

Still happy about the new carseat!