Walt is Walking!

I can hardly contain my excitement! Just shy of 15 months old, Walt is now putting one foot in front of the other. I have to say, the walking journey was not at all how I had envisioned.  I kinda thought Walt would be an early walker mostly because he scooted and crawled pretty quick. What I now know is that he just needed a way to be mobile (crawling) and was fine with that!

I realize that 15 months is a perfectly healthy and normal time for a kid to start walking (and many kids take even longer... it's totally a personal choice!), but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't worried about it. Worried isn't the right term... anxious? antsy? anticipating?  I'm not exaggerating when I say Walt has ZERO interest in walking. None.  He would happily pull up on the coffee table, cruise around the kitchen holding on to cabinets, or just lately walking while holding our hand.  The latter is VERY new... as in, within the last two weeks. Prior to that, if you stood Walt up, he'd turn his legs instantly to jelly and crawl off.  So, I had come to terms with the fact that he was just going to do this his own way :)

Yesterday, I picked him up from school and the teacher said, "Look at this!" She stood him up and he walked to me....past me... out the door... and all the way down the hall!  I thought I was going to burst I was so excited! He literally went from nothing to walking.  No practice steps, no wobbly marches... just walking.  All this time he's been a quiet little observer.  Needless to say, I'm tickled pink, but also know our hands are super full right now.  Here are two quick previews of the little guy: