The Big Move

I'm so insanely behind on blogging I figured I needed to get this one out before I even thought about what to write next.

We made a successful move from house A to house B in a matter of a weekend.  While I spent roughly three weeks packing house A, the last three days were the most intense.  Packing up the essentials (food, cleaning supplies, Walt's stuff) and getting them to house B and unpacked as quickly as possible. We were fortunate (smart) enough to have movers, who had all the big stuff moved for us by noon.  I should also mention that we are in a severe drought, yet it rained ALL freakin' weekend that we moved.  Luckily it didn't slow us down too much. It was just annoying and really no good for my hair.

We were also fortunate enough that Papa Ronni and Papa Chuck kept Walt for two nights and Nana came in to watch Walt for a day too. I'm not sure we would have got anything done with Walt cruising around our feet.

I wrapped up everything in the old house on Mon. morning and it was so bizarre to see it completely empty and clean.  I truly hope our new buyers love that little house as much as we did. It's a wonderful loving home.  We also hope they appreciate the amazing neighbors they are getting. If I could, I would have packed up the Gangis' right along with the perishables and brought them to the new house.

So, we totally love house B :)  We keep sitting in it in awe that it's OURS!  Other than the obvious things like the house has a lot more room than the old one, there's so many little things that remind us the house was built in 2011 and not 1989. Again, loved house A for all it's charm, but I'm sure loving the touchpad thermostat, double ovens, and doors that shut without a swift thrust of the hip.

Just two days after we were fully moved out of house A, Chris left for his annual trip to Ireland. More on Walt and I's adventures in the next post.