Petri Dish

It has been a long week in the Bruns household.  Walt was sent home from school around noon last Wed. with a low-grade fever.  As they should, the school sends all kids home with a fever of 100.4 or higher.  Walt's was dancing right around that mark.  He had been a bit coughy and wheezy, but these are all normal symptoms for Walt when he's not feeling well. Certainly nothing alarming.

Chris and I took turns staying at home Wed and Thursday, and by Thursday night Walt seemed on the road to recovery.  Friday morning he took a turn for the worse.  He was coughing relentlessly and snot was literally pouring out of his nose. Here's a pic of the sad Munka:

I took him to the doctor on Friday and 2 hours later we learned he has RSV. It's basically the virus that causes bronchitis or pneumonia.  With babies and elderly, you need to keep an eye on it. All I have to say is it was a loooooooong weekend. Breathing treatments, coughing, steroids, antibiotics, crying, coughing, sneezing, coughing, (not a lot of sleeping), coughing....

Walt is NEVER a snuggle bug. He's way too busy. But when he was sick, he slowed down enough to lay on his belly in my lap.


We finally saw a glimpse of normal Walt on Sunday night. Just in time for mom to start feeling like poop.  Seemed pretty routine to me: just a little congested and tired (probably b/c we had slept so crummy all weekend).  Mon. I woke up with the leaky faucet, but decided to power through it. By the time I got home last night I was wiped. I downed some Nyquil (never ever taken that before!) and put myself in bed by 9:15.  I stayed home from work today and cancelled all my meetings. I'm serious about getting better!  Chris is feeling a little sniffly, but I keep shoving Zicam down his throat so hopefully we can keep the disease at a minimum.

We are hoping to all be well by Friday when we start our Christmas vacation!