Just one more week!

Walt and I will be bosom buddies for just one more week. It is next Monday that I resume working and he gets sent to daycare. I will honestly say I have about a gazillion mixed emotions about this. Though I ultimately want to be working, I love all the time Walt and I get to spend together. Not to mention he pretty much does something new every single day.

As many of you may or may not saw last week, he started flipping over onto his belly. This is a fabulous developmental milestone, but I was totally not expecting it and I was worried sick that he was going to just stop breathing. Pretty much everything you read says the risk for SIDS when babies sleep on their bellies are higher (never mind that I'm sure everyone reading this blog was put on their tummy to sleep).  So, maybe it was a fear-based purchase, but we got a motion monitor and now our handsome boy naps just like this:

I just love that booty sticking up!

When Chris was gone in Ireland (LUCKY), his mom and aunt came to visit Walt.  Nana had so much fun playing with Walt.


This next picture cracks me up.  Walt still gets pretty fussy in the evening (but nothing like when he was real tiny).  This particular day he had spit up so much that I was downright sick of changing him (I even use bibs, but he was soaking through those). So he was totally white trash baby in just a diaper, and fussy beyond belief. I went for a run and came home to him on the couch as such:

Lastly, we had our first night out on Saturday night!!!  It went amazingly well, and our sitter was absolutely fantastic. She's our neighbor's daughter and has the patience of a saint. Though, according to her, he was nothing but smiles and giggles.  It's possible I might have gone a little overboard with Walt's instructions:

It was a whole sheet full of stuff to do. I'm not right.

And finally, here's a close-up of the drool monster: