Walt is One Month ... and has a Completed Nursery!!

I can't even believe it. On Tuesday, Mr. Walt turned one whole month old.  We celebrated by making a well-visit to the pediatrician to find out Walt is excellent at one thing in particular: Eating.  He's 11 lbs 4 oz, and 22.8 in. long, which puts him in the 90th percentile in weight and 95th in height.  Holy moly!  To me, he doesn't seem fat, but he definitely seems long and lean.  I can't wait for him to chunk out and have some rolls in his legs I can pinch.

Happy One Month, dude!

And to commemorate his being on this great Earth for a whole month, we've also completed his nursery! It's been 95% done since he arrived, but we had a few finishing details that needed to be finalized.  And, now that they are done, I have photo proof that Walt has a nursery and not just a box to sleep in.  Enjoy the photo tour.


Here's the entrance! It's a very cozy room :)
See that really killer "W" over his crib? Chris painted that. He's pretty awesome.  The other prints are a series of elephants b/c I love elephants.
This incredibly clever gift from the Rabara's is authored by one of several very famous "Walts". Love this.


Chris's grandma, Memaw, painted this for him on his 3rd birthday. We're keeping it alive with Walt.

That glider could be the only thing in this room for all I care. We have a close relationship several times throughout the night.

I grabbed that banner from my shower. Also, the invitation from my shower is on the dresser with sweet words from my friends.

Lots of great mementos in Walt's room and we can't wait to add more.  The only thing left to do is put up some bookshelves.  Walt already has a fun collection of classic books that I can't wait to put out and read to him. For fun, here's a picture of his nursery (former office/music room/guest futon/craft closet, minus all the furniture).