First week, just Walt and me

Walt and I have spent some serious quality time together this week.  Chris went back to work after having two weeks off (amazing).  Walt doesn't seem to be sick of me yet, so that's a good sign.  We kicked off the week with our first solo trip out... to the doctor (see previous post).

We managed to get out almost every day, thanks in part to some lovely weather this week (love me some 65 degrees in January).  One of our trips was to the grocery store. I didn't need any groceries, but we just needed to get out.  We walked up and down all the aisles and left with ice cream and lottery tickets :)  Walt really liked it!


Yesterday, we went for a really long walk while talking to Aunt Jess, and stayed awake the whole time enjoying the scenery.  Last night, at my super studly husband's urging, I joined my girls for a brief Girls Night at Gloria's.  One of the biggest challenges with breastfeeding right now is needing to be at Walt's beckon call for food.  Luckily, he seems to sleep like a lamb when we put him down at 7 p.m., so it was a good window to get out and get some dinner.  I can't even put into words what two hours of adult conversation (nevermind that we talked about babies the whole time) and just being with my girls.

Finally, I'll leave everyone with this Kodak moment.  Walt was super happy after one feeding yesterday. He was sleeping (or in a food coma) and was grinning a lot. Somehow, I caught the biggest cheese on my phone.  Happy Friday everyone!