Lots to be thankful for!

Phew, what a month November has been. It's clearly the end of the semester, because school projects, finals and other crap is all happening at once. Perhaps it's a good thing because I could use a little distraction from the fact that I'm less than seven weeks away from holding little Walt for the first time!

Let's start with a Walt update while we're on the topic. We saw the OB at 32 weeks and had an ultrasound.  She suspected my placenta might be low lying at 20 weeks, so she wanted to checked it out. Not only is everything a-okay, but we are growing a giant baby boy in my belly.  He's already 4 lbs, 10 oz by the ultra sound tech's measurements.  I guess that explains the massive karate chops I'm getting in the ribs and bladder (simultaneously).  We also got a wild 3-D view of the little monster. Here's a shot:

We also had some family pics taken last weekend by Fairy Tale Photography. We had so much fun pretending like it was cold outside (it was 78 degrees) and pretending like it was Christmas.  Though I normally frown upon the incessant need to skip Thanksgiving and put Christmas stuff up in November, I was really thankful for the scenery and decor we found to make the pics authentic.

Chris and I drove to Gilmer for Thanksgiving. It's our last road trip before the big arrival 2011.  We had such a fun time hanging out with the Bruns clan!  Chris's parents, his aunt and uncle (Bernadette and Frank) and their daughter, Allison, and his sister, Sarah, and of course her girls, Kate and Sarah Madison.  We played some golf, played some gin (champions!!), and got more than our share of food.  We even made a detour on the way home to Tyler to see our friends, Jeff and Janna, and their gorgeous kiddos, Cash and Blake.

Next up: last week of lecture in school, big presentation for our client project, Girls Night, Book Club, and my last final exam of the semester in a week!  I can't wait to start focusing on Christmas!