I'm FREE! (mostly)

It's taken several days to write this, but FINALLY on Friday, Oct. 22 I got the big, purple cast permanently removed from my leg.  What a relief! Here's a pic immediately after removal. You should be warned that you are looking at a werewolf leg that hasn't seen daylight in four weeks!

So, here are a few observations have never had a cast, let alone surgery:

The diagnosis at the doc is the break/screws are healing exceptionally well. I'm in my friend, the moon boot, for two weeks and I have a lace up brace for after that.  I start physical therapy in two weeks, which also frightens me. Even my doc said PT should be interesting considering my condition (read: knocked up), b/c they do lots of balance training.  So, that should make for a hilarious post.

I snapped a close up of my foot right before it's first bath in a month:


And here is what it looked like after:

I am so happy to be at this point (which seemed like I'd never get here).  What an experience this whole thing has been. More belly pics to come and some fun-filled Halloween activities this weekend. And one last thing: GO RANGERS!